Welcome!

I'm so glad you could visit with me for a while. I write about what ever pops into my head. I am inspired my the antics of my kids, conversations on the fly with random adults, what I hear on news or whatever I happen to obsess about that particular day. I hope you will feel inspired, look at something in a different way or just get a laugh. Thanks for reading. And Namaste.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Dad!



My Dad
"Papa" with Baby David
(Grandson #8)


Things I've Learned From My Dad:

Wear sunscreen

Everyone needs alone time

One need not be religious to be moral

Babies are for holding, rocking and snuggling

The Doors are essential to any musical library

Fathers can be counted on in all times of crisis

The only person you need to impress is yourself

You are never too old to "cannonball" into the pool

If you have the money and time, travel, travel, travel

Nothing beats a good dirty joke for a real, loud belly laugh

Life is too short to waste time with stupid or annoying people

Anyone can be silenced by one well timed and well aimed "look"

Parenting never stops no matter what age your children reach

There is no guarantee that the money management gene will
be passed from father to daughter

If you have nothing nice to say, its better to say nothing at all

Patriotism is not just a sentiment; it is demonstrated by sacrifice

Fixing the things that need to be fixed and plowing the driveway after a snowstorm
are all ways to say "I Love You"

You can never watch too much of the History, Military or National Geographic channel

All human experiences may be understood through a quote from a great war movie

One doesn't need to earn a degree to be one of the smartest people in the room

Unless you own stock in the electric company, turn off the damn lights!

Honoring your parents is not an option, it is a lifetime commitment

The true test of character may be found in one's work ethic

If you are gonna laugh, you might as well do it with gusto

Peace may be found on a lake or in a walk in the woods

Boys of every age love baseball, fishing and boob jokes

Don't ever drive when you are really, really mad

but

Driving fast is one of the great joys of life

Anything can be fixed with a roll of duct tape

You are never too old to act like a big kid

Grandsons are very entertaining

They are also very, very loud

Diners are a culinary delight

There is a big difference between a father and a dad...



Happy Father's Dad.





No comments:

Post a Comment